You need managers and all employees to be able to access the policies and procedures they need, when they need them, wherever they are based.
To facilitate this, you can have your Staff Handbook or Employees Manual on an external website or as part of your intranet, with some help from 3D HR.
What are the benefits of this approach compared to a printed Handbook?
- you save on printing costs and the environmental impact of hard copies
- you can update anything easily and quickly
- accessible on-line Staff Handbooks takes the strain off the HR team for routine enquiries.
- you control access to who can see what, through the use of secure passwords with variable rights
- any subject can be searched for quickly and easily
- people can download, e-mail or print only what they need and when they need it
- the web-based Staff Handbook can be accessed by any employee with an internet connection - working from regional or international offices or working from home
- people can access your Handbook from home if they want to do so in privacy or without workplace distractions
- web-based documents can be accessed by any employee with a visual impairment
- you can upload and edit your own policies and forms easily to add to standard policies and procedures
- you are assured that people are only using the latest versions
- you can customise the look of the Handbook with your own company or organisation branding and colours
- there are no adverts, banners or other distractions in your Staff Handbook
3D HR can host your Staff Handbook or supply the necessary files for you to upload to your own intranet. If we host your Staff Handbook, the web address will be exclusive to you. For example, CompanyX.staff-handbook.com
The site is hosted on servers that are fast, reliable and located in the UK. We use Joomla open source software so there is no added cost for software licences. The set-up cost is reasonable with minimal on-going expense. You have full super administrator rights of your site.